Tell me and I forget
Teach me and I remember
Involve me and I learn
- Benjamin Franklin
Did you know that you can offer our 6 week after school program at NO COST to your school or PTA/PTO? Plus we will kick it all off with a FREE assembly!
How it works:
* We will provide full color registration forms to be sent home with every student on the day of your free assembly.
* Parents can choose to register their children for the program. The typical cost is $59 for the 6 week program.
* Depending on the size of the school, we will typically offer classes two days per week. One day for the younger students and another day for the older students
* We will collect registration forms that have been turned into the office. we will enter all registrations into a spreadsheet and provide you with a copy of our roster which includes health concerns, emergency numbers and release information for every student.
* We personally call EVERY parent to confirm registration information and answer any questions that they may have. Of course, we cannot guarantee that we will get every parent to return our call when leaving messages.
* Students will meet immediately after school once a week for six weeks and take part in a different class each week. See below for a sample list of available classes. Classes typically last between one hour and fifteen minutes to one and a half hours, depending on what time school gets out.
* No child left behind! Please be assured that the Extreme Science instructor WILL NOT leave until every child has been picked up by their parent.
* We will need a room equipped with desks and chairs for our program. Libraries and multipurpose room are perfect. If a Teacher allows us to use their room for our program, we will give them a free in-class field trip as an appreciation for the use of their room.
* Although a sink in the room is not required, a room with a sinks is preferable.
* Although we do offer online registration, most parents still prefer to physically turn in the hard copy registration forms to the Teacher/Office. We will collect these during the week after the assembly.
* We will email a copy of the completed roster along with a list of every student registered, sorted by Teacher. We ask that this be forwarded to the Teachers prior to the first day of class so that they Teachers will know who is registered and where they need to go on the first day of class.
Some of the classes available for our after school program are:
Air pressure (includes hovercraft rides in the gym)
Mixtures and Solutions
We also have a six week course on the SCIENCE of magic where students are challenged to figure out the science behind popular magic "Tricks." Kids are intrigued by magic and we want to use this natural curiosity to help them understand how we use science in EVERYTHING we do.
Coming soon - Mythbusters after school program where students will take part in deciding how to test various myths to see if they are confirmed, plausible or BUSTED!
What Principals are saying about our after school program:
Radical Rick coordinates a 6 week after-school program that involves over 60 students in grades 1-5. He organizes everything from start to finish. The kids and parents look forward to participating each year and learn about energy, electricity, states of matter, air pressure and observations. Each hands-on activity is tailored to the age group he is working with. His curriculum is relevant and engaging. The moment the students walk into the library they are participating in a learning activity that aligns with the day’s theme. They always leave with a smile and something to talk to their parents about.
The best thing about having Radical Rick at our school is that I don’t have to lift a finger. He coordinates everything in a highly professional manner. He is willing to adapt to our needs and is flexible to the demands of students, restraints of the facility or teacher input. His written communication is always accurate and timely. He coordinates all the minor details with our secretary so that we can provide the opportunity to all interested students.
Katrina Kelly, Principal
Mullan Trail Elementary
Post Falls, ID
Would you like more information?
Although we are typically booked at least a year in advance, we are in process of making some changes in how we schedule our programs in order to open up this opportunity to more schools in the area. If you are interested in offering our program to your students, please contact us right away. We are more than happy to attend one of your Parent Teacher meetings to give a quick demonstration and answer any questions you may have regarding our program if you like.
Just edit this element to add your own HTML.
Copyright 2013. Extreme Science. All Rights Reserved.